Do you wish to use video content to make your small business popular? There is a common belief that video marketing is time-consuming and expensive. But in reality, it’s as easy as taking a walk in the park; how? Small business owners can simply buy a good smartphone and start recording helpful videos for their target customers.
They do not need to invest in high-cost equipment or resources to create nice-looking videos.
But don’t get carried away.
You must work on ensuring that your video content is impressive and heart-touching. Also, make sure you devote yourself to preparation and planning so that your video content stands out from the competition.
In this article, let's learn how you can create fantastic video content with the help of some easy-to-apply strategies.
Why do Small Businesses Need Video Marketing?
Video marketing paves the way for small businesses to level up their social media engagement and start building an online brand.
- Videos help you offer infotainment that breaks through the noise and lets the audience know about your business.
- A large percentage (> 80%) of social media users prefer watching videos. Hence video content is the best way to engage with your social media fans and followers.
- Video marketing allows youth create disruptive content and build a loyal audience for your business.
- Plus, it’s a great content format to highlight your product USPs and get prospects to convert into customers.
According to studies, 64% are more likely to purchase a product after watching an online video.
- Video content is a terrific brand storytelling tool that helps build deeper relationships with potential and existing customers.
Start with the Strategy
The best way to start is to develop a unique video content strategy that aligns with your business goals. Here are the essential elements of a successful video strategy:
Document Your Audience Persona
You need to have your ideal customers in mind when planning your videos.
- The right way is to create a document where you write about your audience’s key challenges, likes, interests, and preferences.
- This way, you know if you’re talking to someone who’s a college graduate, looking for an internship, or the CEO of a big company, leading a team of one hundred people. For inspiration, you can take a look at this sample audience persona:
Define Your Goals
In the next essential step, you need to note what you wish to achieve with your video content. It’s simple.
- Write down your video marketing objective. For instance, is it to spread brand awareness, generate leads, or earn new customers?
- A goal document will help you decide whether you need to create an educational how-to video or a product explainer that highlights your product features.
Finalize a Video Type
Depending on your business goals, you have various video content options.
Product Explainer: If you have a product or service that needs explanation, you must create a product explainer. An explainer video shows your product to your target users and tells them its key features. Product explainers work well to induce first-time users to try out your product or service. Take a look at this example of an explainer video from NextGlass, a unique wine recommendation application.
Brand Story Video: Video marketing allows you to tell users why you’re in business. You can use a brand story or an introductory video to share your startup journey and brand purpose.
How-To Videos: How-to videos or educational videos help you teach your audience about a specific topic and spread awareness about your offerings. Take a look at this example from Shopify, the popular eCommerce platform.
Social Proof Videos: A small business owner’s biggest challenge is to get people to buy their products and services. That’s where video testimonials take center stage. It’s simple: record some happy customers saying nice things about your products or services and showcase it on all your marketing channels.
Decide the Video Length
Before recording any video, you must know how long it will be; why because the ideal length of a video depends on the video type and the platform. For instance, the perfect length of social media videos is no more than two minutes. A good Instagram story is as short as 5 seconds. On the other hand, if you’re creating a product tutorial, the video length can go up to 10 minutes.
Once you have these strategic elements, you can start working on your video script.
Work on Crafting an Excellent Script
Don’t hold yourself back; start working on writing that outstanding script for your video.
- The first step is to know your writing style. You need to align the script style with the video objective.
- Another basic rule is to tell a story that starts with a problem and ends with a tangible solution.
- You should work on creating your video's main character. The hero of the video should be someone the audience can feel an instant connection with.
- Use a conversational tone to make the audience feel you’re speaking to them.
- Ensure you hook your audience with a question or an analogy that grabs instant attention.
- Finally, a simple table can describe your script's audio and visual elements.
Make Your Videos Look Professional
Professional-looking videos are the life and soul of a winning small business video content strategy. Nobody in your audience wants to watch a shoddy video with blurred or shaky footage. So let’s take some simple techniques to make your video content look top-notch and impressive.
Shoot with a Thematic Background
The ideal strategy for shooting a video is to choose a background that goes with your topic. For instance, when targeting a B2B audience, you can choose to shoot with your office in the background.
On the other hand, if you’re making a fun DIY video for work-from-home moms, you can probably shoot with plants in your background.
What if you end up shooting the video with an irrelevant backdrop? Don’t worry; you can remove the video background later and replace it with the help of an appropriate tool.
Get the Lighting Right
You must know that lighting impacts the mood of your video. Also, proper lighting makes the video-host look good. You should shoot with natural as well as artificial light to create the right balance. Natural light adds softness to a video, while you can use artificial light to add brightness to its ambiance.
Work on Promoting Your Video Content
What do you do after creating some unique video content? Start promoting it!
- Work on designing great video thumbnails. Your thumbnail image design can make or break the deal for your video. It triggers the users to click on a video link.
- Whether you post the video on YouTube or any other hosting platform, you need to add a search-friendly title and description to it. It’s what makes your video easily searchable to potential viewers.
- Next, you must share your video on all your social media pages on platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn. Do share it from personal profiles on these channels as well.
- You can also use the POWR Video Slider to display your website's video content.
Video marketing is a powerful channel to take your business to your audience. By creating and promoting thought-provoking video content, you can get miles ahead of your competition. All you have to do is make sure you strategize your video content and produce quality content that your prospects enjoy watching and sharing.