Email marketing is absolutely vital for modern businesses. With the right email marketing campaign, you can reach your target audience effectively, bring one-time customers back to your store, and announce special deals to your most loyal consumers.
But sending out random or sporadic marketing messages or multiple marketing emails drafted by different teams can be disastrous. Decentralized email marketing can seem inconsistent, cause confusion in your target audience, or lead to other problems.
Today, let’s break down why email marketing should be centralized for any organization. We’ll also discuss four ways you can practice centralized email marketing effectively for excellent results.
Why Leverage Centralized Email Marketing?
Simply put, because of the benefits! Centralized email marketing means bringing different marketing team members together, having them work on shared marketing goals, and using similar tools and processes.
Essentially, centralized email marketing forces your marketing team members to work together. With luck and a little planning, your email marketing campaigns will be much more effective since your marketing team will present a unified front. Everyone will craft persuasive, on-brand messages without confusion or contradictions reaching your customers.
The many benefits of centralized email marketing include:
- Better project visibility for project managers. Managing centralized email marketing campaigns is much easier than managing multiple decentralized campaigns simultaneously. This will, in turn, reduce delays and prevent team members from having to work twice on the same advertisement or marketing assignment. It also usually leads to better productivity.
- Improved time management. Since team members use the same tools and platforms and rely on the same workflow processes, they also work better together and get more done in the same time frames. Note that this doesn’t mean you sacrifice quality; centralized email marketing usually results in better quality emails and more lead generation overall.
- Better sharing of strategic information or marketing resources. With a centralized email marketing campaign, your team members will use the same data to make ads. In theory, this will also help your ads be more persuasive to your target audience. Plus, all your team members using the same workflow will help get rid of repetitive and redundant tasks.
- More consistent achievement for your company objectives. In a broad sense, centralized email marketing will help you achieve the biggest, most important marketing objectives more regularly and easily. For example, bringing a certain number of one-time customers back for another purchase will be easier with centralized email marketing than with decentralized marketing.
4 Ways To Centralize Email Marketing and Operations
Now that you know the benefits of centralized email marketing let’s explain how you can do just that. The below four steps are great for developing a centralized email marketing campaign from scratch. You can also use these steps for every marketing campaign in the future.
Start with Clear Goals and Metrics To Measure
To centralize your email marketing operations, you need to start with clear goals and a dedicated plan. Outline the major objectives of each marketing campaign, like:
- Bringing a certain number of people to your small business
- Attracting the repeat business of one-time customers
- Improving awareness for your small business, especially if you get most of your traffic from local people
Whatever your goal is, outline it and ensure all your marketing members know what it is. When you outline clear goals for your centralized email marketing campaign, you give your marketers exactly what they need to leverage shared resources effectively.
More importantly, your marketers will know:
- What words or touch points they should focus on
- What words or things they should avoid
- Who they should and should not target, etc.
All of this is crucial if your marketing emails must be informative to customers. For example, when drafting copy for marketing emails explaining the benefits of VPNs, your copywriters need to know what they can and can’t say, how to word your product, and so on.
Pool Resources and Identify Collaboration Spaces
Next, your marketers need to identify the shared collaboration spaces and pooled resources they can dip into. Shared spaces can include communication channels, software platforms, or even your small business’s break room! Or it can be the table of one marketing team member where everyone agrees to meet to brainstorm.
Identifying shared resources is also necessary, so different marketing team members don’t overuse them. With a centralized email marketing process, everyone must share a certain amount of resources, like ad copy, marketing dollars, graphics, etc.
Again, this will help prevent your marketing team members from stepping on each other’s toes. It’ll also allow them to bond and become an unstoppable marketing team!
Map a Marketing Workflow
As noted above, your team collaboration will thrive or falter based on its plan. With that in mind, you should develop a detailed and heavily mapped-out workflow, including action points, timelines, and deliverables.
Collaborative and centralized workflows are great for managers. They allow them to assign the right people to the right stages of each workflow plan. For example, assigning the best copywriters to write the messages for email ads.
Image: Visual Paradigm
More importantly, creating a centralized workflow will help your team avoid missing deadlines and will tell them when they need to have certain deliverables ready to go. This, in turn, prevents sections of the workflow from clogging up.
For example, with a dedicated and collaborative workflow, your centralized email marketing team can avoid a scenario where graphics for marketing emails are ready to go, but ad copy isn’t, forcing some team members to sit around and waste time.
Use Centralized Email Marketing Tools and Software
Lastly, you can and should use centralized email marketing tools, software, and other automated solutions. For example, collaborative email marketing platforms are great for setting up and sending emails at the right time, to the right audience, etc.
Automated tools can help streamline your workflow, eliminate busywork, and help with project planning. In addition, project planning software can help you track the time of your workers and assign the right team members to the right stages of each project.
Of course, other tools are similarly important when executing an effective centralized email marketing campaign. For example, email countdown apps, such as the solution offered by POWR, can help inspire user engagement and draw attention to upcoming sales, special deals, and other elements of your marketing emails.
Bottom line: be sure to use modern software tools to their greatest effect when developing and launching a centralized email marketing plan.
Centralized email marketing is a great strategy for small business owners like yourself. It is resource-efficient, can help you achieve your marketing goals, and will reduce wasted time and productivity: a major concern if you have a small marketing team or do all of your marketing yourself! Try centralized email marketing today, and while you’re here, check out all the ways other POWR apps can help your business thrive in our modern market!