Rigorous posting on social media does not always mean social media success. What kind of posts attract maximum engagement? What time should you post, and how are your competitors doing it?
Social media analytics tools dig into the metrics and give you crucial data in chats, PDFs, and even slideshows. Collecting actionable insights from social media analytics tools can help you tailor your social media marketing strategy for maximum ROIs.
Major social media platforms offer analytics from their tools: E.g., Instagram Insights, YouTube Analytics, Twitter analytics, and more. Third-party social media analytics tools provide more detailed insights and competitor analysis to give you a complete picture of your marketing efforts.
Data-driven marketing is vital in businesses since it enables team members to make decisions based on collected relevant data. Especially since there is a broad umbrella of analytics tools that facilitates access. Social Media is evolving very rapidly, so if you want to stay ahead of your competitors, you should start leveraging data now.
Let's check out the top social media analytics tools you can use together with your social media marketing tools for your business success.
- Google Analytics
- Social Status
- Sprout Social
- Rival IQ
Google Analytics: Top Free Social Media Analytics Tool
Google Analytics offers many features when analyzing your organic traffic, and social media is no exception. To use Google analytics for your social analytics, add your social media "update tags." You'll be able to analyze the trend of your social media traffic in terms of content engagement, clicks, and conversions.
You'll discover which social media site yields the best results for your campaigns using Google Analytics.
Google Analytics Key Features
- The social media platforms that bring you traffic.
- Assign and analyze goals to your social media posts. You'll also see if the posts are completing your set goals.
- Analyze conversions from your social media posts: You can assign conversion goals and check their completion.
- It's completely free and easy to install.
- Google Analytics gives customized reports (e.g., language, country, city, gender, age) from your social media marketing campaigns.
- It's popular, and many tutorials and how-to guides are available online.
- It can show thoroughly tracked data from other sources.
- It takes a lot of learning to understand and master the tool.
- It's not a social media management tool; it has multiple dashboards, which can be overwhelming.
- Upgrading from the free plan is a whopping $150K a year.
Hootsuite: Social Media Analytics Tool
Pricing: From $179/Month for three users
Hootsuite allows you to analyze the performance of your social media posts on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn. It also gives you easy-to-understand reports in one place.
Best for: Social media managers, small-to-medium-sized businesses, and business owners who manage their social media, PR, and marketing teams.
Hootsuite Key Features
- It gives you a complete picture of all your social media efforts in one place (Twitter analytics, Facebook analytics, Pinterest analytics, etc.).
- It provides real-time analysis of your customer demographics and all your social media performance data.
- You can compare results across your social media pages based on clicks, comments, engagement rates, shares, impressions, saves, reach, video views, etc.
- It gives you the best time to post recommendations. Hootsuite Insights uses unique historical performance data and recommends the optimal times for posts based on engagement, impressions, and link clicks.
- You can get competitor reports.
- Since it's a social intelligence tool, you can monitor social media mentions and comments about your brand and avoid any negative PR issues.
- Hootsuite supports multiple social media networks such as Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Pinterest, etc.
- It has an all-in-one interface that you can customize to view different networks for quick and easy monitoring.
- Beginners may find the interface overwhelming.
- Every feature is a charged add-on. E.g., Detailed reports or additional users will attract an extra cost.
Sotrender: Great Organic and Paid Performance insights
Pricing: From $59/Month
Sotrender is a tool that can help you measure the performance of your paid and organic social media campaigns and benchmark with your competitors. It is an excellent tool for analyzing engagement, audience demographics, top-performing content, sentiment, and more. It will also help you generate white-labeled, professional reports within a few minutes.
Sotrender Key Features
- Monitoring the ongoing Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, and YouTube campaigns in real-time.
- Excellent ability to gather and visualize data - the stats from all your social channels will be collected under one roof and presented on various charts.
- Professional and extensive reporting
- Even two years of historical data are available.
- Can measure paid social media campaign impact and ROI.
- Great for tracking and analyzing competitors on social media networks.
NapoleonCat: Social Media Management and Analytics Tool
Pricing: Starts at $23.25/Month
NapoleonCat is a top social media management tool with powerful all-in-one analytics and reporting feature. It can be integrated with all the main social platforms and also track your competitors’ social activity on social media.
NapoleonCat Key Features
- It helps you spot industry tendencies and creates relevant content for your target audience.
- Helps with team collaborations and has easy approval protocols for swift social media management.
- It combines both analytics and social media management functions.
- Helps with scheduling regular analytics reports.
- You can handle multiple social media accounts, delegate tasks and manage workload approvals.
- You can benchmark your performance against your competitors.
- It helps you measure your ROIs and generate new leads.
- Users report limited access to historical data.
SocialBee: Social Media Management Tool
Pricing: Solo Plan starts at $19/Month
SocialBee is one of the best social media analytics tools to create, schedule, publish, and get insights into your social media accounts. If you like to manage all your social media channels in one place, it helps you keep it simple, organized, and easy to track your metrics efficiently.
Best for Solopreneurs, Business Startups, freelancers, and agencies.
SocialBee Key Features
- SocialBee can convert hard-to-read data quickly to visually appealing graphics.
- It's an intuitive platform for all your social media accounts.
- Export your profile's analytics right from your account.
- It is affordable.
- It gives you in-depth social media analytics.
- Easy to use to analyze content and competitors.
- UI/UX is easy to use and organized.
- Pinterest integration.
- It has no social listening or monitoring features.
Social Status: Top Social Media Analytics and Reporting Tool
Pricing: Starts at $29/Month
Social Status is a comprehensive social media analytics and reporting tool with intuitive tools showing engagement tracking and growth insights.
You can view performance stats from its Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, and YouTube dashboard. It allows you to view aggregated insights from owned media channels, influencer tracking, competitors, and paid social.
Ideal for: Content creators, ad agencies, and companies with numerous digital marketing projects that need flexible social media reporting.
Social Status Key Features
- Automated engagement monitoring- Reports on the strength of user engagement for each piece of content.
- Instant engagement analysis- You can track your social media growth and real-time user engagement.
- Option for easy competitor tracking.
- It has flexible social media reporting functionality with insights on demographics, audience growth, impressions, etc.
- It can export data to various formats (CSV, PDF, PowerPoint, and Google Slides).
- Great competitor tracking functionality. E.g., You can even compare the performance of similar posts between you and a competitor.
- The monthly rate may be high for smaller companies.
AgoraPulse: Social Media Management, Analytics, and Reporting
Pricing: From $79/Month for the Pro version
AgoraPulse is a social media planning tool with great social listening and reporting functionality. Its reporting tool lets you quickly compile reports on what's working and gives insights into the best-performing platforms and time.
You can also use it to publish content, create reports and track conversations about your brand.
Best for: Individuals, social media content creators, businesses, and enterprises.
AgoraPulse Key Features
- It offers social media management and includes a social media analytics tool.
- It has an excellent reporting tool that can show the best content or hashtag, driving more engagement.
- Power reports add-on that allows you to schedule customized reports.
- Free 30-day trial available.
- AgoraPulse combines social media management with reporting.
- It has a helpful scheduling and inbox feature that makes regular uploading and managing messages easier.
- Its monitoring tool allows you to monitor what people say about your brand and competitors.
- User reviews report that the calendar requires improvement to allow the posting of notes on posts and reminders.
Sprout Social: Social Media Intelligence and Analytics tool
Pricing: From $99 per user/Month
Sprout Social is a comprehensive social media intelligence and analytics tool that you can use to track your performance on different platforms. Its features help you analyze social media performance and engagement or monitor conversations about your company.
Best for: Enterprises, marketing agencies, and small businesses.
Sprout Social Key features
- It has a detailed social media management tool that gives detailed analytics.
- Smart inbox- This allows you to monitor and engage with inbox messages from Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn from a unified point of view.
- Team productivity reporting - you can view what your team is working on and the completed tasks.
- Simple, user-friendly publishing calendar.
- You can use it to track social media campaigns.
- Advanced social media management with analysis options is useful for social media marketers.
- Some users find it can be pricy.
Quintly: Social Media Analytics Tool
Pricing: From $345/Month for the Enterprise plan
Quintly can give you social media analytics from Facebook, TikTok, Twitter, YouTube, blogs, Google+, LinkedIn, Instagram, and Pinterest. It offers over 350 metrics on social media activity which you can use to validate your social media marketing campaign.
Quintly Key Features
- Competitive benchmarking- helps you discover what content works best for you.
- Custom dashboards created with your preferred metrics.
- Overall metrics allow you to track specific KPIs and analyze the performance across major networks.
- Critical influencer data on the most influential profiles across different platforms.
- 14-day free trial.
- It provides easy tracking solutions and automated reports from customized dashboards.
- It is easy to use and track social media analytics.
- Too costly for smaller brands since custom plans are more than $300 a month.
- Data may be broad and general for in-depth analysis.
Rival IQ: Great Social Media Analytics Tool For Competitor Analysis
Pricing: From $239/Month
As the name suggests, Rival IQ is a great social media tool for competitor analysis. It also analyzes your social media performance on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and Pinterest.
Rival IQ Key Features
- It has a strong competitor analysis feature for an effective social media strategy.
- Custom reports on social media audits.
- Social media posts analysis for the best performing post.
- It gives you clear comparative information between you and your competitors from various platforms
- 14-day free trial available.
- It has a diverse reporting feature that has customizable PDFs and slideshows.
- Small businesses may find it costly.
- Subscription is tier-based. I.e., to add rival companies, you'll have to pay more.
Pricing: From $11/Month, paid annually
Plann is a comprehensive social media planning and scheduling tool that helps businesses and individuals save time and drive results on their social media channels.
With features like drag-and-drop scheduling, hashtag research, and analytics, Plann makes it easy to create and schedule visually stunning content for platforms like Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, and Linkedin. Plann's modern interface allows users to plan and preview their content in advance, ensuring a cohesive and consistent online presence. Additionally, Plann's AI-powered Caption Assistant helps users craft engaging and effective captions for their posts.
- Streamlines social media workflow
- Increases productivity
- Drives engagement with the audience
- Sleek and modern interface
- AI-powered Caption Assistant
- Only supports certain social media platforms (currently Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, and LinkedIn).
One More Thing!
Today, social media users spend at least some time on social media platforms daily. Knowing when users are most active gives you an edge. Should you post on every hashtag that is trending?
Social media analytics tools help you by giving you real-time data and insights. Cross-platform social media analytics tools make tracking and aggregating data incredibly easy.
Your specific marketing needs and budget can help you select the ideal tool for your campaign. You'll be able to know what social media insights you need to track and which tool provides ideal analytics features.
Ian David started his career in brick-and-mortar retail management, which quickly included eCommerce and digital marketing as well.
He is an avid reader and self-taught SEO and content marketing expert. He writes for several publications on a variety of digital marketing topics. Recently, his focus has been on using influencer and affiliate marketing to drive more conversions.