Instagram has a great Stories feature called Countdown. It's super simple, with the caveat that it's limited to twenty-four-hour Stories and not something you can use elsewhere.
The POWR widget offers this exact functionality but the flexibility to install timers that drive action, counting up or down, embedded anywhere you wish.
The Benefits Of Countdown Apps For Businesses
A birthday countdown app is a versatile tool for a vast range of promotions—and to create a sense of excitement, even if there's no cake or candles!
Besides, it is available right on the platform, so you don’t have to download and use a third-party video editor for Instagram.
It's also a way to generate engagement, making your socials more vibrant with varied content and media.
Say you're running an online clothing store and have decided to send a promotional email or notification about the newest changes regarding your fashion products. You want to stress that these prices aren't sticking around for long. Add a timer, and the message is loud and clear!
How To Use The Insta Countdown Feature
Let's run through a quick guide if you're unsure how to do a birthday countdown on Instagram.
It works like this:
- Create a Story as you would usually, perhaps referring to an upcoming event (such as your birthday!).
- Add the Countdown sticker, and select the appropriate date or time.
- Viewers can either set themselves a reminder when the countdown concludes or share the post in their own Stories.
Ideas For Business Countdown Apps
Celebrating a special occasion is great, but here are a few suggestions showing the options to leverage a countdown app for your brand:
- Publicize a launch, adding events or announcements as you go.
- Invite followers to join you for a scheduled Insta Live.
- Promote a new blog post or guide that your customers want.
- Advertise challenges and competitions.
- Record milestones, achievements, and team accomplishments.
- Shout about giveaways, pre-order windows, or shipping times.
You can use a countdown app to announce your company's birthday, giving you an opening to create fresh content about how far you've come and the brand's success using the AI writer tool.
Elevate your Instagram birthday countdown game! Check out our step-by-step guide on creating the perfect countdown, and don't forget to enhance your skills with our exclusive 'Training Videos' for a masterclass experience.
Using A Countdown App To Boost Conversions
Your countdown app is, in essence, a virtual clock that you can set to count up or down.
Businesses report revenue increases of up to nine percent using this simple resource, so customizing your countdown timer and adding it to a web page, banner, or email is time well spent!
Timers generate curiosity and speed, but you don't need to use a countdown solely to convince your visitors to checkout before an offer expires.
Some alternatives can be:
- Scarcity: Your countdown timer can show the units left if you have limited stock. This social media strategy puts your product or service in solid demand, making it instantly more desirable (recognize those 'only two left in stock messages from any massive global retail marketplaces?).
- Energy: Most web content is static. Countdown timers move continuously, capturing attention and engaging with visitors as a visual touchpoint.
- Anticipation: New products or services need as much interest as possible, so you can build excitement by counting down to launch day.
It's pretty hard to ignore a moving countdown widget, so use these plugins for several purposes.
Choosing Where To Use A Countdown Timer
As we've explained, you can embed the POWR countdown app anywhere without worrying about coding or web development. There are heaps of templates to choose from, too, if you lack design inspiration!
Next is where to place your countdown timer to have the most significant impact that can help you engage your Instagram followers.
Let's take a look at some of the popular options:
- Product pages: Countdown timers can act as an incentive, keeping customers interested and promoting discounts.
- Checkouts: If you have a deadline to place an order in time for next-day shipping, a timer helps your visitor decide whether to proceed with their purchase now or later.
- Email marketing campaigns: Email countdowns are GIFs that countdown as required. Businesses report up to four hundred percent click-through rate improvements by making email marketing campaigns more compelling, with a visual cue to announce seasonal events or sales.
Tips On Using Countdown Timer Apps Wisely
We should share a few Instagram marketing pointers to avoid over-using countdown timers or placing them in the wrong spot.
For example, if every product in your store shows nearly sold out, it could give a wrong impression!
Likewise, countdowns that continually make consumers feel rushed can be stressful and aren't perceived as trustworthy if you always emphasize that a purchase deadline is approaching.
Using countdowns to enhance the customer experience, such as keeping your buyers informed about shopping times around festive holidays, is a perfect way to provide helpful content that will help drive higher revenue.