Are you confident that a countdown timer will work wonders for your sales and promotions but unsure how to get a countdown widget installed on your website without hiring a developer?
Types of Countdown Timer
Timers are used in countless applications, with a well-built design and user-friendly appearance that ensure they capture attention, convey the right messages, and encourage beneficial actions–without any further effort!
Some of the most popular countdown timer uses are listed below.
If you have a big event coming up, perhaps a celebration, launch day or meet and greet, a countdown is a great way to create a buzz of anticipation and excitement.
Consumers are naturally incentivized to take action by checking out or confirming an order when there is a sense of urgency. Timers are an excellent way to make the most of a festive season or communicate important information such as last posting dates, or order cut-offs, such as:
- Countdowns to office or business holiday closures
- Cut-offs for next-day posting or the last postal service dates
- Counting down to a holiday such as Thanksgiving, Christmas, or Halloween
Holiday timers can add a bit of fun and frivolity to your website while ensuring your visitors know how to place their orders within good time.
Sales and promotions that run for a limited period, such as a money-off ad or an exclusive pre-order run, work well with countdown timers. You can also drive a sense of urgency by showing how many products you have left or having a live ticking clock that shows the end of the offer in a visual, user-friendly way.
Online Versus Website Countdown Widgets
Email marketing can be a core part of a business marketing strategy, and POWR offers a vast library of email plugins as well as widgets for website pages. Businesses can use both countdowns in conjunction or pick one or the other–the right answer depends on the nature of your event or promotion and how your visitors engage best with your company.
Countdown timers embedded in email campaigns can be animated, like a GIF, but are often limited in terms of customization because you need your emails to be within an optimal file size. Both can be equally valuable, but an online timer is normally more suitable if your goal is to redirect visitor traffic to a specific page.
Online countdown timers can be tailored to the individual and personalized to their location, visitor number, or time zone. They are a visible way to get attention, establish scarcity or urgency, and push each customer to take your desired action.
Customizing Your Online Countdown Timer
Our countdown timer widgets have several pre-programmed categories to pick and choose from, depending on your aims:
- Countdown to date timers tick away to a specific event on a pre-defined date and time.
- Countdown timers work on hours and minutes, showing how long is left until an offer ends or a pre-order run closes.
- Countdown timers per visitor are useful if you have a maximum number of products available or offer an exclusive discount to a threshold capacity.
- Count-up numbers track metrics such as the number of products sold, the number of people attending an event, or the number of responses to a survey.
- Count-up numbers per visitor are similar, although they trace visitor responses or page views.
- Count-up from date timers show how long has lapsed since a product launched, an event started, or since an announcement.
We have a huge array of editable features, such as labels and wording, widget positions, CTA buttons, and animations, so how your timer looks and functions is entirely up to you. For example, you can instruct your timer to display a message when a customer clicks or responds, adjust the font and colors to your branding, and even collect payments when a visitor takes up your offer.
Because a countdown widget works autonomously based on your settings, you can select the appropriate time zone and leave your timer to do the rest.